Friday, October 14, 2005

Pro-war/anti-war arguments

A discussion on a pro-war blog I foolishly got into (yep, I started it) is found here.

It's reasonably intelligent over there, even if the reactionaries are rather arrogant. I didn't pull too many punches either, so when they're not calling me a traitor or crazy, surely they would say the same about me.

They have a very common kind of military fantasist view... ``only America could deal with Big Bad Saddam''... and they are quite informed on some of the operational aspects of the war. That's worthwhile stuff. But especially they follow the pronouncements ostensibly by (link to Kurt Nimmo, who doubts the pedigree) Al Qaeda and other Islamist groups with Cold-War level hysteria. They eagerly salivate for the next Zawahiri or Zarqawi ``statement''. Guess it makes it easier to love the ``gloves off'' Terror War.

I find it rather amusing that they have zero grasp of the US economic plans for Iraq, the Downing Street memos, or any of the official documents -- while making me out as some sort of unsubstantiated whacko.