Tuesday, July 20, 2004

There he goes again

The Bush "story" concerning the attack, invasion, conquest, occupation, and tacit control of Iraq was told in exquisite detail today during a campaign event in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Using a "discussion" format, Mr. Bush told his audience:

It's an opportunity for me to interface with some of your citizens about why I've done some of the policies that I've done, give them a chance to explain to you how these policies might have helped....
I'll have much more to say about the powerful Orwellian strategy revealed by this event. But for now, I just want to highlight a falsehood concerning the pre-war run-up repeated by Mr. Bush during Iraq storytime.

The president asked rhetorically, "Why would he [Saddam Hussein] not allow inspectors in"?

Of course, the answer is Saddam did allow the inspectors in.